To be eligible for the Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards, the nominated business must be located/registered in the 63 or 67 telephone zones. Applicants must meet the additional eligibility requirements for individual Award categories.
Northern branches of state-wide or national organisations are eligible to enter the Awards on the basis that their entry pertains specifically to their operations and activities in northern Tasmania. Applicants must be ongoing business operations and organisations, including Not for Profits, but excluding hobbyist operations.
Applicants do NOT need to be a member of the Launceston Chamber of Commerce to enter.
Previous Award winners and finalists are welcome to enter.
Award sponsors may enter any category, except the category they are sponsoring.
Applicants may enter multiple categories.
Organisations must enter themselves into the Awards (there is no nomination process).
Young Professional entrants must be aged between 18-40 at the date of the Awards dinner event (18 March 2023). Young Professional entrants must submit under their own name for their own business.
Chamber's Choice Entry opens 29 September 2022 and closes on 13 November 2022. The first twenty entries per business in the 2023 Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards will be announced as nominees for the Chamber's Choice Award during the week of 21 November 2022. Nominees are encouraged to advertise their successful nomination widely by tagging the Chamber and Spirit Super. Chamber's Choice ballot is open to Chamber members and opens 25 November and closes 2 December 2022. The winner will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner.
- Concise answers and dot points are good: Your answers should demonstrate that you have processes, plans and strategies in place to facilitate key business practices.
- Selecting categories: Before commencing the entry process, take the time to determine the most suitable category or categories for your organisation.
- Consider the questions carefully: Ensure that your responses provide the information specifically requested.
- Answer each question: Do not refer judges to previous answers. This suggests that applicants have not considered the question properly and makes the judging process more difficult.
- Entries Open: Thursday 29 September 2022
- Early Bird Entries Close: Friday 28 October 2022
- Entries Close: Sunday 13 November 2022
- Finalists Notified: Week Commencing 17 January 2023
- Chamber's Choice Entry opens 29 September 2022 and closes on 13 November 2022. Nominees are encouraged to advertise their successful nomination widely by tagging the Chamber and Spirit Super between 21 November and 2 December 2022. The Chamber's Choice ballot will open to Chamber members (for 1 week) on 25 November and close 2 December 2022 - keep a look out in your inbox for the ballot email. The winner will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner.
- Finalist Interview Dates: Tuesday 7, Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 February 2023
- Gala Awards Event: 6.30pm, Saturday 18 March 2023, Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston. Dress is Cocktail.
Early Bird prize consists of 1 x $1,000 advertising package with LAFM/Chilli FM and 1 x $1,000 advertising packaging with The Examiner. Total value of the prize is AU$2,000.
Early Bird Entry is open to entries submitted into the Launceston Chamber of Commerce 2023 Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards by Friday 28 October 2022.
Conditions of entry
In the interests of fairness to all entrants, there needs to be some equitably applied to rules of entry.
Please familiarise yourself with the eligibility criteria, the judging process, and the key dates pages to ensure you are familiar with the awards processes.
- All applications must be submitted via the Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards Application Form (provided behind the 'Enter Now' button on each category page).
- All applications and contents will remain the property of the Launceston Chamber of Commerce and will not be returned.
- Applicants agree to their organisations being profiled in the media and for entry information to be used for publicity purposes.
- Entry is online via the Launceston Chamber of Commerce website (bea.lcc.asn.au) only.
- Hard copy/email entries will not be accepted.
- Conditions and Key Dates may change without notice.
- Young Professional entrants must be aged between 18-40 at the date of the Awards dinner event (18 March 2023). Young Professional entrants must submit under their own name for their own business.
- Chamber's Choice Entry opens 29 September 2022 and closes on 13 November 2022. How it works: the first twenty entries per business to enter the 2023 Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards will be nominated as contenders for the Chamber's Choice Award. The nominees will be announced the week of 21 November 2022. The Chamber's Choice ballot is open to Chamber members only and opens 25 November and closes 2 December 2022 where Chamber members vote for their choice of the 20 nominees. The winner will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner. So, get in quick to make sure you're one of the first 20 businesses to enter the Awards!
In choosing winners of the Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards, consideration is given to the nominee’s achievements in the year immediately prior to receiving the award, as well as their past achievements and perceived ongoing contribution to industry.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Following assessment of all entries, judges will identify finalists from each category to proceed to the interview stage. Finalists will be notified in January 2023.
- Finalist interviews will take place on the dates noted above.
- Stage 1 & 2 Judges:
- Sylvia Sayers - 7AD Devonport
- Janene Wilczynski - Devonport Chamber of Commerce
- Nicole Mayes - Spirit Super
- Ben Marquis - Dept of State Growth
- Tamara-Lee Beveridge - Bizcore 360
- Julia Higgins - Bishops
- Bede Clifton - Department of State Growth
- Stage 1 & 2 Judges:
We get it ... Entering an awards program can be daunting and you've probably got questions.
This section of the website will be updated as we receive questions that may not be obvious from the information found elsewhere on pages within this site. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please use the contact us form below, and we'll publish an answer for the benefit of all.
How do I enter?
First, read and familiarise yourself with all the key information sections on the page above. When you're ready to proceed, select a category and click the tile to get more information. The 'Enter' Button is on each category's detail page.
Are there entry fees?
No. Entry to the the 2023 Spirit Super Business Excellence Awards is free.
I've changed my mind. Can I withdraw?
Sure, but before you do that, check the home page to review the benefits that accrue from entering the Awards process. If you still wish to withdraw, send us a note via the Contact form at the base of this page.
THE 2023 SPIRIT SUPER BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS ARE MADE POSSIBLE WITH THE SUPPORT OF ALL OF OUR SPONSORS
Send a Message
Questions? Please check the FAQ’s linked here first, and if you still need assistance please get in contact.